Sending money fee free

Designpurchaser
Contributor
Contributor

I am told that I can send money fee free to family but I can't do it...why? Please help.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Its free if you do it this way.

Go to send money  > select the personal tab > gift or family and friends option.

NOW its free if you FUND that paypal payment via instant bank transfer or from funds in your paypal balance.

You still pay a fee if you fund that payment via a debit or credit card. 

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
59 REPLIES 59
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Its free if you do it this way.

Go to send money  > select the personal tab > gift or family and friends option.

NOW its free if you FUND that paypal payment via instant bank transfer or from funds in your paypal balance.

You still pay a fee if you fund that payment via a debit or credit card. 

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Designpurchaser
Contributor
Contributor

Oh, thanks so much for your reply. So it's my debit card that is the problem.

Much appreciated.

Login to Me Too

JanzBarb
Contributor
Contributor

Why can’t I use my debit card , details of which you already have, to pay a bill to a friend? 

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Carlos

Hello JanzBarb! Thank you for your post and welcome to the PayPal UK Community! I am sorry to hear that this has happened. This could be just a temporary issue. I recommend clearing cache and cookies from your internet browser and trying one more time. Please make sure to log in from your home PC / laptop and via a secure internet connection. Hope this helps. - Carlos 

Login to Me Too

DurimAsllani
Send me free money 🤪
Login to Me Too

voanhminh299
Contributor
Contributor

I am having a case:
    I have done all the money transfer operations for relatives with paypal accounts. But when I have entered the amount to be transferred and press the transfer, I encountered a notice of paypal as follows
      "Sorry, we weren't able to complete your payment at this time. Please try again later.
If you continue to encounter problems, please contact customer service. "
  May the community guide me through this notice.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Rachael
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi @voanhminh299,

Welcome to the community forum and thanks for posting. 

I am sorry to hear that you are unable to make a personal payment from your account. It sounds like our security system might be stopping the payment. Here are some things that you can check in relation to this:

• You may need to confirm the email address associated with your PayPal account.
  • There may be an issue with the funding source you’ve selected (insufficient balance or declined transaction). Contact your bank or card issuer for more information.
  • You have a limitation placed in your PayPal account.
  • The seller’s/recipient’s PayPal account is limited.
  • You may need to go through a security check, so we can confirm your identity.

If the payment with your bank account doesn’t go through, or you’re still having problems with your card, try:

• Changing your payment method at checkout. If you only have one payment method linked to your PayPal account, you’ll need to add another payment method before you can do this. You can add a debit or credit card or add your bank account. Both options are quick and easy and will give you more flexibility at checkout. 
  • Confirming your recipient’s email address or phone number is entered correctly. Make sure the recipient has finished registering for their PayPal account by confirming their information. A payment will fail if they haven’t completed this process.

Rachael

Login to Me Too

Tennie
Contributor
Contributor

why it's still have fee when im using friends and family ?
i'm trying to send my friend 5$ with paypal friends and family and fee is 4.99$ ...that's too much 
all my friends can sending me money used friends and family normally

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Tennie 

How are you ''funding'' that payment to your friends?

If you are using a debit or credit card then you pay the fee.

If you use your paypal balance or bank account then it should be free.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.