Sending money & Refunds

mya__t
New Community Member

I tried to transfer money into my bank account from my pay pal balance but instead of transferring I sent money to myself (e.g. 200), which seems as though it took money out of my bank (now -200) to put back into my account rather than from my pay pal account, however my pay pal balance is now 0. 

I cancelled the transaction to hopefully get the accounts back to normal, how long will it take for the money to come back into my paypal account? 

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @mya__t,

I'm sorry to hear that you sent a payment when you meant to withdraw. If you were able to cancel the transaction, that would mean that you chose an email address that was not associated with a PayPal account when you sent the payment. I'm very glad that you were able to cancel the transaction.

If the funds seemed to come from the balance as well as the bank, that may be a billing issue that needs to be reported. Please follow those steps to open a dispute to allow PayPal to resolve the issue.

I hope this is resolved quickly!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.