Sending funds to family from checking

Pshawk
Contributor
Contributor

I have always been able to send money to family using my checking account. Last week it would only allow me to use my linked debit card & wanted to charge a fee. I then deleted my debit card & now it says I need to link a card. I have no problem purchasing goods using the linked checking account - did so today. I called & was told there is a security issue. I have 2 separate cking accounts from 2 separate banks. I’m so confused, never had an issue before. Seems like “free” xfers are ending.

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

PayPal_JonK

Hello @Pshawk,

I'm sorry to hear you're running into some issues choosing your bank as a funding source for that payment. There may be a number of reasons as to why that may be unavailable, however it's normally due to our Security System not allowing it to be available. Normally we recommend reaching out to our Customer Support to see what options may be available there.

You can reach Customer Support by clicking Contact and then Call Us at the bottom of the PayPal website. They're also available through Twitter direct message or Facebook instant message. 

Good luck!

- Jon K

If you find this or any other post was helpful, make our community better by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Pshawk
Contributor
Contributor

The answer from the @PayPal_JonK moderator did not help.  As mentioned in the original post I did call customer support and did not receive a satisfactory answer so thought I would post here to see if there was more help.  As I said, I have 2 separate checking accounts from 2 separate banks linked to my PayPal account, there certainly isn't a security issue with either account.  I was able to send the funds (from checking account) via Venmo with no problem which is strange since I understand PayPal owns Venmo now.  I just don't get it and will need to use the product that serves me best.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Rich

Thanks for that information, @Pshawk

I'm sorry that this issue has caused frustration. Bank transfers take longer to complete than payments made with a debit or credit card. You may want to try to add money to your PayPal balance with your bank before sending the payment if you do not have a backup funding source. 

Here is a link to assist you in adding funds to your bank balance to send a "friends and family" payment: https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/article/FAQ1348

- PayPal_Rich

As you slide down the banister of life, may the splinters always point in the right direction.
- Irish Proverb
Login to Me Too

Pshawk
Contributor
Contributor

The answer from the @PayPal_JonK moderator did not help.  As mentioned in the original post I did call customer support and did not receive a satisfactory answer so thought I would post here to see if there was more help.  As I said, I have 2 separate checking accounts from 2 separate banks linked to my PayPal account, there certainly isn't a security issue with either account.  I was able to send the funds (from checking account) via Venmo with no problem which is strange since I understand PayPal owns Venmo now.  I just don't get it and will need to use the product that serves me best.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.