Sending Money-Personal

Dalaw522
Contributor
Contributor

Trying to send money to a friend to pay my portion of a restaurant bill. The default is "goods and services " and I want to change it to a "personal payment". Is someone available to tell me how to do that? Thanks in advance!

Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Dalaw522 

The friends / family option is not available in every country.

If when you click on send > put in the email address > next and the option for goods/services is the only one there then it seems your country is one of those.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Dalaw522
Contributor
Contributor
Thank you Kernowlass! That is strange because I have done it in the past domestically (US) but it's not showing as an option now. Can't understand why that is? 🤔
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Dalaw522 

Yes its available in the US but you have a paypal account from Georgia ?????

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Dalaw522
Contributor
Contributor
Georgia is a state in the U.S. 😊
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Dalaw522 

Well I am well aware of that but you have opened a paypal account belonging to GEORGIA THE COUNTRY.

You don't select a STATE when you open an account, if you are in Georgia the STATE then you would open a U.S account.

You don't have a U.S account you have a GEORGIA the country account.

User Dalaw522: Georgia Personal Account

And in case your geography can't get any worse GEORGIA is near Russia !!!

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Dalaw522
Contributor
Contributor
No need to be rude, Kernowlass. Because you are considered to be an "Esteemed Advisor " it would seem more appropriate for any comments to be less condescending, considering the fact that you do not have access to my personal account information and are assuming I set up my account incorrectly. I have been an account holder since 2015 and have never had issues before now. Additionally, my address and banking info all show that my account is U.S. based. Please adjust your tone. Otherwise any additional replies will be ignored and reported to Paypal as inappropriate. Respectfully, Dalaw522
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Dalaw522 

Where was i rude?

Or was it that you didn't like the fact that i pointed out that you don't have a US paypal account at all but a Georgia one and that YOU were the one that made the mistake.

You may well have been lucky in your account working so far !!! But the fact your bank account was added correctly is because you can add US bank account to most other countries paypal account.

However your paypal account information clearly shows that you have a GEORGIA paypal account as per my post above, you only have to click on your user name to see that....!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No one has a Florida OR Texas OR Maine paypal accounts it ALWAYS shows as a U.S paypal account.

You DO NOT have a U.S paypal account, you have a GEORGIA paypal account.

That is me pointing out the FACTS to you, and ................your welcome.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.