Selling car from Europe to US - safe way to transfer money

tomaskubec
Contributor
Contributor

So I am about to sell my oldtimer car from Belgium to east coast of United States. It will go with a ship transportation company from port of Antwerp.

I asked my bank what is the safe way to do it, and they said the only safe way is to handover the car only once the full payment is received on my Belgian bank account. The confirmation of the payment from the seller seems not to be sufficient, as it might still be cancelled for various reasons before I get it. The issue is that there is up to 10 days delay between sending it from US and receiving it in Belgium.

My vision was that the payment could be done right after I handover the car in the port (when I am still with it), let's say after having a live videocall with the buyer and proving that the car is ready and being loaded. And having it on my side received few seconds later. Is this something Paypal payment could do without any side risks (cancellation of the payment later on)?

Thanks,

Tomas

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Celeste

Hi @tomaskubec,

Thank you for your post! PayPal aims to protect all parties involved during a transaction, including both buyers and sellers. With that being said, here is a great Help Center article on PayPal's Seller Protection Policy which includes requirements that need to be met in order to benefit from Seller Protection, what items are covered, and what items are not covered. I hope this helps you with your sale!

Thanks, 

- Celeste S.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.