Seller said she refunded but I haven't received any notification from PayPal, let alone the money

dan138zig
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

So I purchased an item partially with my PayPal balance and partially with my credit card since my balance was insufficient. Later the seller informed me that she mistakenly clicked on refund instead of charge and she asked me to resend the amount. The thing is, until now (24 hours later) I haven't received any email notification from PayPal, let alone the money. The seller says:

"I did speak with Paypal. The refund was returned to the credit card you used. It would not go your paypal account. It was reversed onto your card. You used guest checkout. So its not on your paypal account the refund is on the card used. "

It sounds unusual because as far as I know, the partial amount that was paid via PayPal should go back to the PayPal account if refunded, and the rest to the credit card. So, what's actually happening here? Thank you.

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.