Seller said payment wasn't captured.

newmumbai
Contributor
Contributor
I bought some items off a big retailer, order went through fine and even delivered. 2 weeks later I got an email and a phonecall from a private number saying that these PayPal payments weren't 'captured'. I'm not sure what that means, looking in the internet I think it means they didn't claim them in time ? Not sure, but the funds have been deducted from my bank account. The lady is saying to forward the transaction ID's. The issue is I bought all these items on sale and now they've gone back up in price... Are they chasing me for the full price. Anyway I'm away for like 3 weeks and my internet and access to it, is temperamental/not secure and I'd rather not login into my personal accounts. Is it my responsibility to forward these details to them or is it for them to comb through and find them?
Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@newmumbai

What does it say next to the transaction in your paypal account, is it pending or completed?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

newmumbai
Contributor
Contributor
I got my partner to check (was a nightmare) he said completed, it's like 6 seperate transactions, and they've all left his bank, the PayPal is only linked to a bank account. Thanks for your reply!
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@newmumbai

I wasn't meaning completed from your bank account, I meant is it showing as completed or pending in your paypal account?

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

newmumbai
Contributor
Contributor
Hi there, sorry yes it says completed from PayPals end, and has been deducted from the bank.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@newmumbai

Then its been captured and paid, if it wasn't it would show as pending 'awaiting authorisation'.

Any problems they have will be to do with their account and nothing to do with you..........you have paid.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

newmumbai
Contributor
Contributor
Awesome. Thanks so.much for your help.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.