Seller payment went incorrectly to PayPal member with similar email

valkyrie310
Contributor
Contributor

I (John <removed> ) sold a guitar to Donald <removed> in Texas, on Friday 11/20/200. I asked him to pay me using PayPal which he agreed to do. I provided him with an INCORRECT EMAIL. He submitted $2,300.00 using the incorrect email I provided. PROBLEM is buyer Donald <removed> has paid but I (John <removed> ) seller have not received payment. The $2,300 was received incorrectly by a PayPal member with similar email. How do we get $2,300 payment back from and put in my PayPal account via my correct email?

John <removed>

<removed>

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@valkyrie310 

What does it say next to the transaction in your senders Paypal account?

1. Pending (with a clearance date)
2. Pending/Unclaimed with a cancel option.
3. Pending/Unclaimed withOUT a cancel option.
4. Payment or Sent.

If its payment or sent then the only way to get it back is to ask the person your buyer sent the funds to to issue a refund BUT if the payment was sent using the goods/services option then they won't get back the fee they were charged when your buyer sent the money to them so ask them for a part refund minus the fee and accept that payment when your buyer pays again so you will in effect pay 2 fees (as it was your mistake really).

If they refuse then your buyer would have to open a dispute for non receipt of item as that person has nothing to send them they should get a refund.

If it was sent using friends/family then sadly not a lot you can do about it as it was a gift payment.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.