Seller issued a refund through Paypal for an item purchased on Ebay, but I have not received it!

trance0
Contributor
Contributor

The following is the confirmation e-mail I received from Paypal about the refund on April 10, 2018:

Thomas <removed> just sent you a refund
Apr 10, 2018 16:07:17 PDT
Receipt No: ****-****-****-****
Dear Dejan <removed>,

Thomas <removed> just sent you a full refund of £170.00 GBP for your purchase.

We're currently processing your refund. However, depending on your card issuer, it may take up to 30 days for the money to be available in your card balance.

This refund will appear on your credit card statement as credit from PAYPAL <removed>.
If you have any questions about this refund, please contact Thomas <removed>.

Seller
Thomas <removed>
Note from seller
Refund
Original transaction details
Description    Unit price    Qty    Amount
Region free ps2 reconditioned laser and mod chip modbo 5.0 chip fitted+ 5 disks
Item #: 132506791974
£145.00 GBP    1    £145.00 GBP

Shipping and handling:    £25.00 GBP
Insurance:    £0.00 GBP
Total:    £170.00 GBP

Refund to MasterCard Credit Card XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-<removed>:    €199.72 EUR
Refund to PayPal Balance:    €0.00 EUR
From amount:    €199.72 EUR
To amount:    £170.00 GBP
Exchange rate: 1 EUR = 0.851200 GBP
Invoice Number: Refund

To this day I have not received the money on my bank account. It was my fault that I didn't check before, but I was convinced I would be refunded according the above mail. I didn't have a Paypal account when I placed the order or when a refund was issued from the seller. Where is my money? The seller does not know, but is willing to (somewhat) help me with tracking the transaction and money. Are Ebay and Paypal trying to stealing money from their customers? I opened up a Paypal account just so I could complain to someone since the rich big corporations are unwilling to invest in some quality customer support, they are only willing to charge for transactions and offer as little help in case of problems as humanly possible.

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.