Seller cannot refund the money

alpacaluv
Contributor
Contributor

Hey guys

So I was trying to buy an item from Grailed, the item ended up being different from what he listed it as.

After my payment went through, I realized that it was not what I was looking for so I asked for a refund but he refused.

After then, I opened a dispute as item not as described. As I opened a dispute, the seller agreed to give me a full refund.

However, the seller was using a new paypal account so his money was being held.

He tried to give me a refund but he did not have any money in his balance so he could not give me a refund.

He does not want to refund me with his own money so is the only option I have to escalate the case to paypal?

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@alpacaluv 

Yes, but if you win then you may well have to return the item back to the seller at your own expense and trackable to prove delivery before you get a refund, wait till you are told to do so first though.

Also make sure you have activated the below link to get help with those return costs.

https://www.paypal.com/ca/for-you/shop/refunded-returns

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

alpacaluv
Contributor
Contributor
The seller actually didnt even send the item either. He has it on him right now
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@alpacaluv 

Then you should have opened a dispute for non receipt of item !!

If you win a dispute for not as described you probably won't get a refund if you don't prove delivery of the item back to the seller.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

alpacaluv
Contributor
Contributor
Then does that mean I am going to lose my money on the seller’s mistake... do you know if there is anything I can do
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@alpacaluv 

To be honest your best bet is to either contact customer services and see if they will change the dispute to one of non receipt.

If not and you are told to return what you received trackable back to the seller then as you received nothing return 'nothing' back to the seller trackable with an envelope with nothing in it as you received nothing?

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.