Seller asking for 2 Payments Instead of One

Reckless03
Contributor
Contributor

I'm trying to buy a camera but the seller is requesting I pay 50% in 2 payments instead of 100% all at once due to his business account have a daily "limit". Is this a real thing? It's through goods & services so am I protected?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Reckless03 

Ask the seller for a PayPal invoice that allows partial payments:

"Allow partial payments

If you want to accept a deposit or partial payment from your customer, check the Allow partial payment box at the bottom of your invoice. You can also set a minimum amount. Your customer can then make a full payment, pay the minimum, or pay an amount greater than the minimum.

Your invoice will have a Partially Paid status until it’s paid in full. The amount paid will also appear on the invoice for both you and your customer.

The partial payments feature allows your customers to make multiple payments toward the full balance of one invoice, rather than you having to submit multiple invoices. It is not intended to be a credit product or to allow for an excessive number of payments to be made. We may contact customers if we suspect they’re not using this feature correctly."

I think this will also allow it to be disputed as one transaction.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
13 REPLIES 13
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Reckless03 

Ask the seller for a PayPal invoice that allows partial payments:

"Allow partial payments

If you want to accept a deposit or partial payment from your customer, check the Allow partial payment box at the bottom of your invoice. You can also set a minimum amount. Your customer can then make a full payment, pay the minimum, or pay an amount greater than the minimum.

Your invoice will have a Partially Paid status until it’s paid in full. The amount paid will also appear on the invoice for both you and your customer.

The partial payments feature allows your customers to make multiple payments toward the full balance of one invoice, rather than you having to submit multiple invoices. It is not intended to be a credit product or to allow for an excessive number of payments to be made. We may contact customers if we suspect they’re not using this feature correctly."

I think this will also allow it to be disputed as one transaction.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

winner29
Contributor
Contributor
ok 2 payments.
Login to Me Too

Ashlynn1116
Contributor
Contributor
Direct deposit my limit in both transfer transactions to my payment paypal account now please
Login to Me Too

Ashlynn1116
Contributor
Contributor

BANCORP. Card balance and transfer now balance that can be transferred cvv<removed>

Login to Me Too

winner29
Contributor
Contributor
it's okey with me..how and when do i get youre 1st payment and the 2nd?
Login to Me Too

wasim169
Contributor
Contributor

I also have the same question. Can I make a partial payment? How? and what is the method of getting a refund?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.