Seller Dispute - Wants me to return the item myself says paypal will refund me later

MartieLaney
New Community Member

The item I received advertised as new and received as used. I disputed the purchase. The seller is only telling me to ship back to her myself at my expense and paypal will refund me later, not her. I haven't ever purchased shipping outside a seller platform and I can't figure out how to do it without having to pay $7 for a tiny shipment that should really cost $3.75. 

Shouldn't she start the refund in paypal somewhere? OR is what she's saying actually right. It just seems scammy. She's already been scammy already. So I just don't trust it. 

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@MartieLaney

If you send it back make sure you send it TRACKABLE so that if she does not refund you then you can escalate the dispute to a claim and provide that tracking number for paypal to see you returned the item.

In the event of a dispute you nearly always have to return the item back to the seller so you bear in mind possible return trackable costs before you buy from that seller / item / country.

Paypal state this >>
PayPal is not obliged to reimburse you for any costs that you incur to comply with any of PayPal’s requests for cooperation for the purpose of resolving the problem (including, without limitation, costs that you incur to return a SNAD item to the Payment Recipient or another party as PayPal requests), although sometimes it may reimburse these costs.

Although they will compensate you for some of the cost if you have activated this at some point before you made that transaction .....
https://www.paypal.com/us/selfhelp/article/what-is-return-shipping-on-us-and-how-do-i-activate-it-fa...

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.