See paid on paypal but nothing in balance or bank account.

julieav1986
Contributor
Contributor

Hopefully you can explain. I sold a dress on Ebay, first time. On the statement it says payment received. I have nothing in my Paypal balance and see nothing in my bank account or on my credit card statement. I have my bank card and credit card linked but no bank account info in the payment methods. Essentially, I see Paypal saying payment was received but I have not seen the money anywhere else. Can anyone explain?? I have googled and looked through all the FAQ's.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@julieav1986

Payments from buyers go to your paypal account balance, then its up to you to click to withdraw the funds to your bank account or debit card.

If the funds are not showing then..............

1. You have not been paid.

2. Go and find the transaction in your “my ebay” > click to the right where it says sell similar > don't fill in anything just scroll down to the payments section > look in the paypal box > is the email addy in there correct with no spelling mistakes? If so then you need to change it DURING the listing process next time you list an item for sale.

3. Have you bought anything and paid for it via paypal since the payment should have gone in??

The reason i ask is that if you have funds in your paypal balance and then buy something then paypal will sometimes take from those funds rather than from your normal funding source eg bank account or card.

To check go and click on the word "details" next to any recent paypal buying transaction and see if they were funded from your paypal balance ie buyers payment rather than your normal funding source.

4. Can take a few hours to show up.

5. Have you linked your Ebay and Paypal accounts and verified your email address.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@julieav1986

Payments from buyers go to your paypal account balance, then its up to you to click to withdraw the funds to your bank account or debit card.

If the funds are not showing then..............

1. You have not been paid.

2. Go and find the transaction in your “my ebay” > click to the right where it says sell similar > don't fill in anything just scroll down to the payments section > look in the paypal box > is the email addy in there correct with no spelling mistakes? If so then you need to change it DURING the listing process next time you list an item for sale.

3. Have you bought anything and paid for it via paypal since the payment should have gone in??

The reason i ask is that if you have funds in your paypal balance and then buy something then paypal will sometimes take from those funds rather than from your normal funding source eg bank account or card.

To check go and click on the word "details" next to any recent paypal buying transaction and see if they were funded from your paypal balance ie buyers payment rather than your normal funding source.

4. Can take a few hours to show up.

5. Have you linked your Ebay and Paypal accounts and verified your email address.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

julieav1986
Contributor
Contributor

Paid with paypal balance on a few things by default. Thank you so much for your help!!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.