Scammers

EminenceGrise

Hello, i've been searching for exchange website, and got one, after the money send from my card, by YOUR OWN regulations, i am not be able to recieve my money back from NOT VERIFIED costumer, i send a message to paypal, but the answer was that your regulations not accepting the request because by the terms only the seller can send me my money back, i have been written to you whole evidence, that the person or a whole company is scammers, but didn't get any answer. I suggest to make a regulation to avoid this type of scams, because lots of people around the world getting scammed by this company/preson by using your own regulations, and it needs to be stopped as fast as possible! thank you!

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@EminenceGrise 

I am just saying that when a transaction is at Pending authorization, the only way to cancel it is to contact the merchant. Whether the merchant can be contacted or not is beside the point. I am just answering your question as to why PayPal can't cancel it and why you can't get your money back PER REGULATION at this stage. Nevertheless, you'll just have to wait until the payment is completed so you can dispute, if not completed, the pending authorization will expire on its own in 30 days as if it never happened.

I doubt even the credit card issuer can cancel. You can contact them and ask.

Not here to argue with you but to tell you how authorizations work because you asked why can't you get your money back. I am not even disagreeing with you that some merchants are difficult and are just playing at being a merchant and not for real and professional. You just have to wait until they claim the money and then you dispute it back, otherwise, again, the authorization will expire if merchant don't claim the money and the funds are released in 30 days.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
8 REPLIES 8

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@EminenceGrise 

Is the payment listed as "Pending" in your PayPal activity? When you click on the transaction, does it say it is a "temporary authorization"? If it is, then only seller can cancel order or void the authorization. Even if seller do that, the temporary authorization will remain until expiration with money released in no longer than 30 days.

When the payment is listed as "Completed" then you can file a dispute against the seller.

Login to Me Too

EminenceGrise

@sharpiemarker the transaction is on pending, and i want to cancel it as fast as possible, since the money didn't reach the scammer and still got hold by paypal. I know about the dispute on completed transactions, i have been read all possible help center issues. 

Payment Type: Authorization

Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@EminenceGrise 

Ok, its Pending but understand that Pending temporary authorizations CANNOT be canceled by PayPal. Its an agreement by you to pay the merchant so only the merchant can release you from that agreement. That is how Authorizations work.

You must contact the seller to cancel order. The merchant don't have to capture the payment and let it expire and release the money on its own or they can cancel it. But they can also take the money and this make the transaction completed, only then you can dispute.

Right now at Pending Authorization, PayPal can't do anything because authorization has 30 day time limit to expire.

Login to Me Too

EminenceGrise

@sharpiemarker do you realize that there is no ANY kind of contact with the seller, it's just doesn't exist, and i have been written that to you, to block them out of paypal system, because i'm not only the one that got scammed. On their website (which is a part of an email kinda registered but not even Verified on paypal system) social buttons not working, it is a fake website, and when i was creating a exchange ticket, there was a full working system for this, so i didn't need to check social media and website itself for a scam reports. Now after Authorization creation i just payed attention, that The receiver of this payment has not verified their account and is located outside the US. And i instantly checked google for scam reports and got a full load of "scammer" reports about the website. Now why paypal creating regulations for Authorization payments for 30 days, if there can be a kind of scam issue like this one? This is not only pointless, this is not legit! My time (30 days) + money have been disappeared for nothing.  

Login to Me Too
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@EminenceGrise 

I am just saying that when a transaction is at Pending authorization, the only way to cancel it is to contact the merchant. Whether the merchant can be contacted or not is beside the point. I am just answering your question as to why PayPal can't cancel it and why you can't get your money back PER REGULATION at this stage. Nevertheless, you'll just have to wait until the payment is completed so you can dispute, if not completed, the pending authorization will expire on its own in 30 days as if it never happened.

I doubt even the credit card issuer can cancel. You can contact them and ask.

Not here to argue with you but to tell you how authorizations work because you asked why can't you get your money back. I am not even disagreeing with you that some merchants are difficult and are just playing at being a merchant and not for real and professional. You just have to wait until they claim the money and then you dispute it back, otherwise, again, the authorization will expire if merchant don't claim the money and the funds are released in 30 days.

Login to Me Too

EminenceGrise

@sharpiemarker Thank you for understanding! Really appreciated your answer and i understand how it works from help center FAQ's (Which is what you actually trying to explain to me). So what i am asking for in this help section, is to check maybe there is any way to change some regulations to avoid this type of things, or what ever, you know.

Login to Me Too

Barent1988-
Did you ever get your money back or anything after being scammed?
Login to Me Too

johnkim715
Contributor
Contributor

Lots of scammers taking advantage of Paypal. Avoid using paypal if you can. Use your credit card and hopefully one which offers a true purchase protection.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.