Scammer charge me 4 times and PayPal closed the case

Zzz777
Contributor
Contributor

It’s unbelievable. One month ago one scammer fro Instagram offer me to pay money and he will add me to his Instagram page and I will get more followers I was agree to pay 15+ 1.63 PayPal charge me. I waited one week but nothing happened. Then I requested money and got no response. One day ago I requested money again and again and this scammer got mad and charge me 3 times more. He charged me about 18$, then 22$, then 23$ just because he got mad I’m requesting my money back. I open a case in resolution center but for unauthorized transactions but PayPal closed my case. Can you believe it? The scammer charging me for nothing and PayPal can’t protect me???? I called them but his automatic system said dispute is opened but it’s not. How I can get my money back? Tomorrow or later we will charge me again just because he want get money from me. What can I do? Please help

Login to Me Too
11 REPLIES 11

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Zzz777 

An unauthorised transaction means that your Paypal account was hacked and used without your consent.

If Paypal check IP addresses / devices etc and find that it was you that made the transaction then of course they would close the dispute.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Zzz777
Contributor
Contributor
PayPal sent me email that they denied my open case. What is it mean? That they won’t investigate my case? I have email and message on Instagram from this scammer. I know his account
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Rachael
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi @Zzz777,

Welcome to the community forum and thanks for posting.

As kernowlass was saying, reporting a payment as unauthorised means that you are telling us that you did not log in and make the payment. If you did in fact make the payment your case will be denied. If you paid for something using a commercial payment and didn't receive it, we can investigate that for you. You just need to get in touch so we can update your case. You can find our contact information by clicking Help & Contact at the bottom of the PayPal page or you can reach out to us on Facebook www.Facebook.com/PayPal and Twitter @AskPayPal.

Rachael 

Login to Me Too

Zzz777
Contributor
Contributor
I opened another case and sent all screenshots of messages between us. First I sent him money in December 29th 2019. After he didn’t do his job I requested a refund maybe 10 times. On January 18th I sent him reminder maybe 5 times to refund my money back. I think the scammer just got mad and charged me 3 more times. Case is under investigations now
Login to Me Too

Zzz777
Contributor
Contributor
I emailed all info to spoof@paypal.com Isn’t enough?
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @Zzz777,

Emailing spoof@paypal.com is how you can let our spoof review team know that a person has been pretending to be PayPal. That team works to get phishing and spoof sites and emails taken down whenever possible. That group would not be able to review any evidence meant to aid in a dispute you have opened in the Resolution Center. I'm sorry for any confusion.

If you have opened a billing dispute, the review team for that dispute will let you know if additional information is needed, and if so, there will be an option for upload.

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Zzz777
Contributor
Contributor

How I can add additional info on PayPal? I only found spoof@paypal.com. But I added my case ID number

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @Zzz777,

Additional info can be added only if it is requested, which will only happen if the dispute review requires that information. If the review team requests the information, there will be an upload option. If the information has not been requested, it would not be able to be uploaded.

I hope this helps clarify.

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Zzz777
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you. I understood.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.