Scammed

Sital1

Hi guys,

Basically I sent money to this guy for concert tickets ($380) NZD. Once he received the money he blocked me on all social media platforms and now I can't contact anyone. Could someone help me out about what to do :'( 

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Sital1 

If the only thing the seller did was block you from contact then its likely you paid as friends and family as there is no refunds or purchase protection with such payments as its considered a gift payment. 

Locate the payment transaction in your account activity, click it, then click "Report a problem". If the only option is file an Unauthorized Payment, claim then you indeed paid as friends and family. PayPal may deny this type of claim in your case since payment was not sent by a third party without your permission or knowledge.  But maybe if you supplied detailed info about what happened, it might have an influence or simply call customer service to report the scam and let them file the appropriate case on their end if possible.

Log on, click HELP on top menu, scroll down to click CONTACT US, and then scroll down to click CALL US.

Or private message via social media:

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/paypalau

Twitter: @AskPayPal

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.