Scammed by StripeyGiraffe Ltd

Oldperson
Contributor
Contributor

Any help re: being scammed by StripeyGiraffe Ltd and how to stop weekly payments .

Thank you 

David

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Oldperson 

Check if you had a subscription set up.
Click on the profile tab (icon next to log out) > Click on payments third option along on the thick blue band top of page > "manage pre-approved payments.''

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
9 REPLIES 9
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Oldperson 

Check if you had a subscription set up.
Click on the profile tab (icon next to log out) > Click on payments third option along on the thick blue band top of page > "manage pre-approved payments.''

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

tigerrfi
New Community Member
Any ideas how to stop this from happening.
Login to Me Too

nicolajcook
Contributor
Contributor

I have too. Currently trying to get the money back. Any luck ?

Login to Me Too

Earthquake123
Contributor
Contributor
I have been scamed too and PayPal believes there lies they say We've reviewed the transaction(s) and are refusing your claim(s). This decision was made because we received shipment tracking from the seller confirming that the item was delivered i have spoken to stripey giraffe and they know how PayPal work so just send fake tracking info but PayPal lap up there lies and us the customer are made out to be the scamers
Login to Me Too

PayPal_JonK

Hello @Earthquake123

Welcome to the PayPal Community! I'm sorry to hear a recent dispute case didn't turn out as you had expected. For cases like this, I would recommend reaching out to your local post office to get proof the package was not delivered to your address. They may not be able to confirm exactly where the package was delivered - and that's OK. Our support teams just need to confirm it was not delivered to the address provided in the transaction's details. 

Once you have that documentation, please reach back out to our Customer Support teams to see if the option to appeal the case's decision is available. They can be reached by clicking "Contact" at the bottom of any PayPal page, through Twitter direct message or Facebook instant message.

Good luck with your case!

- Jon K

If you find this or any other post was helpful, make our community better by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Earthquake123
Contributor
Contributor

I can not ask the post office as this was a subscription service that i did not sign up too and for 7 months at £4.99 a week witch is £139.72 i have told PayPal to look on the Internet i type in this stripey giraffe ltd and all there customers are having the same problems that this company is a scaming company but it falls in def ears as there are not bothered about there customers its all about how much fees they get from scammers so this will always continue with paypals staff not caring about there customers Thanks David [removed]

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Earthquake123 

Some of these companies auto sign you up to a subscription UNLESS you tick the box to decline.

Once its set up then paypal automatically passes on the payment you have authorised them to do as its set up in your pre approved payments.

You need to cancel the subscription in your pre approved payments and then cancel the billing agreement with the company.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Earthquake123
Contributor
Contributor
Ryeah i get that put its the fact that this company as told PayPal i have received over 50 items at £4.99 a week from them and PayPal agree with this company without even looking in to properly i have received no service or items from this company its all lies and a scam that keeps happening to PayPal customers so just maybe PayPal is the problem by allowing this to continue on there platform
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Earthquake123 

Small claims court action?

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.