Scammed by Depop Seller

yujing8
Contributor
Contributor

I sent money outside of Depop but through paypal goods and services to a seller. I had to pay conversion fees to convert canadian dollars to pounds to pay the seller. After I paid, she completely ghosted me and out of nowhere she sent me back a refund and blocked me. However, my issue is that I have since lost the money that I spent on converting my currency for absolutely no reason other than the fact that the seller decided she no longer wanted to sell to me and didn't even have the decency to tell me so herself and just blocked me. What can I do in this situation? Any input would be greatly appreciated at this time. 

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@yujing8 

Sadly not a lot you can do about it, paypal works out conversion rates and they change on a daily basis, i lost out last week as well the same way, it happens.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

yujing8
Contributor
Contributor

Shouldn't this be protected under buyer protection? Or at least fees taken from the seller, as the innocent buyer did nothing but just loses out on the conversion fees because of a crappy seller? There should be implications for the seller for behaviour like this.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@yujing8 

Sorry but paypal is not responsible for how a countries currency fluctuates.

When you go on holiday and buy currency to use, then come back and exchange it again, then you lose out at a lower rate, it happens. 

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.