Scam

Helpmel1985
Contributor
Contributor

Hi I’m not sure if if this is a scam but I think it is it sounds not right it’s from Jessica <removed> wanting you buy my cabinet and then she said she would transfer me the money for it plus the courrier if I pay the courrier first then PayPal will release the money into my account but the account to transfer money to does not look right and the whole thing sounds off please help I’ve been scamed before and don’t trust PayPal Thanks Mel

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

rnatividad
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hello @Helpmel1985 

Scam. The buyer does not determine whether the payment will be held or not and when PayPal can release it. In addition to this, PayPal will not be the one to require you to send money to the courier. PayPal will only be responsible for transferring the money between your buyer's account to yours. It is a common method of scammers to offer to pay for the shipping to entice you to agree with the transaction. Do not do it.

Hope this answers your questions. All the best!

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

rnatividad
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hello @Helpmel1985 

Scam. The buyer does not determine whether the payment will be held or not and when PayPal can release it. In addition to this, PayPal will not be the one to require you to send money to the courier. PayPal will only be responsible for transferring the money between your buyer's account to yours. It is a common method of scammers to offer to pay for the shipping to entice you to agree with the transaction. Do not do it.

Hope this answers your questions. All the best!

Login to Me Too

Helpmel1985
Contributor
Contributor
Thank you very much!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.