Scam? I was the unintended recipient of a payment.

cjdahlin
New Community Member

Paypal showed that I had money sitting in my account.  I received an email from a seller that she paid me by mistake and was requesting that I pay her.  The short story is that after hours on the phone with PayPal and them telling me I HAD to pay her back from my personal bank account even though no money ever went into my account, I finally paid her.  They said they could not just reverse the amount in my PayPal Account because it was short of the $1.03 processing fee and since I owed her $25  but they took the processing fee, they could not return the balance in my PayPal to her because it was not the full $25.  So I paid her the $25 directly as PayPal demanded.  I had a fit about them pocketing $1.03 from everyone who did this so demanded a refund.  The representative told me he could have issued a refund of the processing fee had I not just paid her back (LIKE HE TOLD ME TO!!!).  But guess what? Her case was still open in PayPal so what do they do?  They order in her favor, as if I've had anything to do with any of this, and refund her the money sitting in my PayPal Account which was the $25 minus the processing fee!  So now she has $23.67 times 2 sitting in her bank account, I'm down $25.00 PLUS THEY CHARGED ME $1.03 PROCESSING FEE WHEN THEY PAID HER BACK!  Ludicrous!  I could not complete a future transaction until paying the negative amount totaling that processing fee that PayPal charged to my account!  Paypal told me they would refund me once this was resolved but rather they paid her.

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.