Scam Chargeback help?

BonCreations
Contributor
Contributor
Hello, i need help to know if someone is trying to scam me. Someone order from me on Etsy, but they insisted on doing the payment directly to my PayPal instead of doing it on etsy. They have sent me 2 payments. First one was 205 CAD and the second payment was 48 USD Now i have read on Google that there are scammers who does this, and then claims a Chargeback claiming their item wasn't delivered. The person communicated with me via private message on Etsy. I have already requested a Transfer of the funds to my FNB bank account which will take about 8 days to be available in my bank account. I said to the person the item will ship this week. Can you please assist me if this is a scam as i don't want a Chargeback or dispute etc as im not exactly familiar with how Paypal works with these situations. Should i wait for the funds to clear in my bank account before shipping the item to the customer? Could paypal take money from my bank account if the customer tries to scam me by a doing a chargeback if i dont have funds in my paypal account? Please help
Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.