SNEAKY CHARGES FROM EBAY

inana
Contributor
Contributor

I was charged 48.99 AU to my PayPal account today from  'eBay Marketplaces GmbH '

In description it says it is for an ebay plus account which I never would have knowingly subscribed to if I understood that I was paying for, or authorising a future payment for.
This is theft. When I set up ebay account, it was completely unclear to me that I was authorising purchasing for it.
Is there any way to cancel this and have my money refunded?

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@inana 

Have you sold items using ebay recently? Only that may be your monthly invoice fees?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

inana
Contributor
Contributor

I have never sold any items with my ebay, what's more is that it is a new account and I have not yet purchased anything either. 
I do not have ebay plus account, I checked that.
The description says only that it was an "authorised payment" but it was not.

In any case, Paypal's response was immediate and in my favour, but with no explanation.
I would like to know what happened and why. I think if I did not respond then nothing would have been corrected and ebay would have kept the money.
My conclusion is that Ebay is a grimy company and there are plenty of alternatives.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@inana 

ok, whatever, sorry, was only trying to help you.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.