1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@miti23 

Add a card as your funding source.

Click on the link below and select the country you want from the drop down list for options available in that country.

https://www.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_display-country-functionality-outside

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@miti23 

Add a card as your funding source.

Click on the link below and select the country you want from the drop down list for options available in that country.

https://www.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_display-country-functionality-outside

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

danny107
Contributor
Contributor

danny107
Contributor
Contributor
ive added my bank acct. tried to purchase something. they wanted a credit card as well. so i declined. dont they just take the money friom your acct immediatley? so that didnt work. isnt that how it should work? ive yet to have any activity on my acct. ive been verified. now i get a message saying i can shop without a balance. what does that mean? i went to that link. that didnt answer this question. im in Canada, itll be basically same as US
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@danny107 

Well i am not in the US or Canada.

However you don't need funds in your paypal balance as a buyer as paypal will take directly from any linked and confirmed funding source.

If you want to use your balance however then it has to be in the correct currency that the persons paypal account can receive.

But for some sites / transactions paypal OR the merchant request a card funded payment for better security for them.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.