Run webhook event(PAYMENT.SALE.COMPLETED) by sandbox account. Where should I complete payment?

myzaptest003
New Community Member

I'm doing integration with my application by webhook events. Webhook setup and all everything is ready, But I'm not getting where and what to do in Paypal sandbox UI site to send the payment/sale when it will complete. Do I need to have credit card information, Is this not happen by dummy data. For the testing purpose, I'm working with Sandbox. Please help me to know what to do to trigger the  PAYMENT.SALE.COMPLETED event in UI or Paypal sandbox site.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

angelleye
Advisor
Advisor

Whichever sandbox account you used as your "seller" when setting up the payment completed webhooks, that's the account you need to use to run a test which would trigger a webhook.

So you'll need your seller account registered with the webhook, and a separate buyer account. Setup a REST payment button and use it to submit a payment from your buyer to your seller account. That should then trigger the payment completed webhook.

There is also a Webhooks Simulator available in your PayPal developer account.

Angell EYE - www.angelleye.com
PayPal Partner and Certified Developer - Kudos are Greatly Appreciated!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.