Routing number for paypal account is invalid

Filter2010
Contributor
Contributor

Trying to recieve unemployment checks and when I give my routing number it comes up as not a valid number? Why is this?

Login to Me Too
11 REPLIES 11

tgcLily
Contributor
Contributor

Did you ever find out the cause?

I'm getting a large chunk in back pay, in the state of TN...when I first applied in may it accepted my PayPal account numbers. 

But eleven weeks later after my app was approved they tell me to verify my account numbers and my PayPal account numbers are erased ! and I have re-enter everything. 

However once I try to re-enter starting with my PayPal routing number, it immediately  rejects it stating it's not valid!

Initially, some people WERE getting their unemployment thru PayPal once the pandemic started...but lots and lots of people were having delays in the transfers...

And now apparently a couple months in to this pandemic PayPal is just completely rejected...???

*facepalm

And neither will it accept my Venmo account number either...which of course is owned by PayPal...

...this is infuriating!

Login to Me Too

Filter2010
Contributor
Contributor
Never got any answers from anyone. Same thing with me exactly what happen to you. Now I'm just waiting on them to send me a debit card. I'm in TN as well.
Login to Me Too

Jessicamgann08
Contributor
Contributor
Same. I made it the whole 13 weeks and when I went to go get an extension and mine won't work.
Login to Me Too

Creativepank
New Community Member

im LITERALLY going through the exact same thing.

Login to Me Too

BP777
Has anyone found the answer to this problem I need to get my unemployment benefits and it wont accept thr routing number when I called customer service today he said he didnt know why but obviously this has been going on for months
Login to Me Too

craigjpelkey
New Community Member

yes i finally did, try this routing number  ---  114924742

Login to Me Too

Brodwilliams

I just tried talking with my local unemployment office in LA and I got told that they don't even know what's going on this is saddening 

Login to Me Too

SCrawford550
Contributor
Contributor
This is still occurring!!!! ,,6 minutes ago !! Nevada . Help
Login to Me Too

craigjpelkey
New Community Member

so i had this same problem. i was trying to update my direct deposit info on paypal and it would not accept my routing number no matter how many times i put it in and i know it was accurate!

so i found this other routing number for paypal and it worked! hope this helps!

paypal routing number: 114924742

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.