Return for insufficient or uncollected funds by my bank?

KR9
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

I guess my question is if my bank issues an Insufficient Fund Return or Uncollected Payments return due to not having the money in my bank account... how long does it take to show up on my paypal? Is it immediate or 3-5 business days?

Thanks,

KR

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@KR9 

On the initial attempt to collect payment, it's probably fairly immediate to within a 1 day I would imagine, if there isn't some review delaying the process, then PayPal may make up to 2 more attempts:

"If a payment is funded through a funding source that is a bank account, and that bank account rejects the payment because of insufficient (NSF) or uncollected funds, PayPal at its discretion may attempt to resend or represent the entry up to two (2) additional times. If the payment transaction has failed for insufficient or uncollected funds, representment of a transaction may occur even if you have attempted to add funds to your PayPal account or if the recipient has initiated a return of the payment to your account."

https://www.paypal.com/ca/smarthelp/article/what-happens-when-an-authorized-payment-is-returned-for-...

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@KR9 

On the initial attempt to collect payment, it's probably fairly immediate to within a 1 day I would imagine, if there isn't some review delaying the process, then PayPal may make up to 2 more attempts:

"If a payment is funded through a funding source that is a bank account, and that bank account rejects the payment because of insufficient (NSF) or uncollected funds, PayPal at its discretion may attempt to resend or represent the entry up to two (2) additional times. If the payment transaction has failed for insufficient or uncollected funds, representment of a transaction may occur even if you have attempted to add funds to your PayPal account or if the recipient has initiated a return of the payment to your account."

https://www.paypal.com/ca/smarthelp/article/what-happens-when-an-authorized-payment-is-returned-for-...

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.