Retailer Refunded to Paypal (Credit card) and not showing

jillianveronica
Contributor
Contributor

Hi! I purchased an item online using PayPal, using my credit card as the payment option. They had to partially refund me as it was defective, but I decided to keep it with a discount. I have an email from the retailer saying "refunded to PayPal", but it has now been 1 week and I see no activity on PayPal or my credit card for any refund. Are the funds stuck somewhere? The retailer says it's processed, and my bank/paypal can't see anything on their end.

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@jillianveronica 

If you funded the original Paypal payment to the seller from your bank account or a card then once marked refunded/completed it will automatically go back to that bank account or card.
Normally it can take a few days up to a week to go back to a bank account and a bit longer for a card, Paypal say allow 30 days for a card (1 billing cycle) but its rarely that long.
(Can vary according to country though).
https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/article/FAQ1212

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

jillianveronica
Contributor
Contributor

thanks! I will wait the full 30 days, hopefully will go through by then. appreciate the fast response!

Login to Me Too

Valcash
Contributor
Contributor

Candy puzzle wont pat me 460.00 on on game and 360.00 on anther game it says it will takepay pal but it wont.                          And on anther gamegolden match 3 it wont cash out 

And it has114.15how do i get my money  they are all unity i think if they have shams like this you should not run them but here is my pay pal card see what you can do <removed> my name is valerie <removed> hope you can help thank you!  

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.