Requested a bank transfer from an inactive/moneyless bank account

Dommo102
Contributor
Contributor

Bank account and PayPal account are both Australian, but I am currently in Spain.

I will keep it short, earlier today through the PayPal app, I accidentally requested a transfer of $150 from a registered bank account into my PayPal balance. The aforementioned bank account is still technically active but has no money in it and has not for a while.

I am curious to know whether the PayPal bank transfer will overdraft the account (the bank it is with supports overdrafts) or if it will just deny it and do nothing. It is currently pending and cannot be canceled.

The amount of money is not an issue and if it were to overdraft I can just return it to zero and continue on my merry way. It may sound like an impatient question, but I am going to be out of service range for the next few days and I want to resolve my balance before I leave to stop overdrafts festering and fees collecting.

Thankyou if you read to the bottom and I hope to get some answers from all of you before I depart.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

Dommo102
Contributor
Contributor

According to the email I got from PayPal, the transfer will be done on the 14th presumably because of the weekend in the middle of it. This is good for me because I can't get money into it until the 11th.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.