Request to purchase Neosurf vouchers for shipping

StaceyLifesort
Contributor
Contributor
Wondering if anyone has been paid extra for goods and requested to purchase Neosurf vouchers for shipping agent on behalf of the buyer? Supposedly payment on hold by PayPal until copy of vouchers are provided. Email from 'You've got funds' with transaction details went into spam folder and the 'on hold' transaction doesn't appear in PayPal activity. Buyer Sarah Maynes. Don't know if this is a scam?
Login to Me Too
9 REPLIES 9

Slc9073
New Community Member

It’s a scam.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@StaceyLifesort 

Yep scam.

Paypal NEVER tell you to send an item before the payment is showing in your paypal account.
Paypal do not tell you to send trackable, they advise it for selling protection but it is not compulsory.
Paypal NEVER expect you to use a rival money transfer service eg Moneygram or Western Union etc.

Paypal never tell you to send vouchers from another company for any reason to access payment or pay a courier / shipping agent.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Tydrum
New Community Member
Just had the same scam today she told me she was unable to do it herself because she was out at sea she's a scamming crumb even offered to pay extra for goods said her agent would come pick it up then at last minute come up with these gift cards from BP or any other store BEWAREAND STAY AWAYlooks like an innocent old lady but that she is not whoever it is, is a crumb
Login to Me Too

Stephh25
New Community Member
Yes got the exact email send to me today as she wanted to purchase my item off gumtree after i received email in spam i replied back scam
Login to Me Too

Lozza1810
Contributor
Contributor
Almost got done. Clever scam but not clever enough.
Login to Me Too

mykenny
New Community Member

Yes got same deal from this Sarah. Then got a threatening email to say if vouchers not sent to PayPal I face legal action??!!

Login to Me Too

Lozza1810
Contributor
Contributor

Repetitive scam.  

Login to Me Too

anncedar
Contributor
Contributor

I listed antique chest of drawers on Gumtree

Almost immediately had a response from a Sarah Maynes with similar pattern as others

This is her response to my add

Hi mate, thanks for the reply. I am okay with the price. I have read the ad and it's okay with me. Please ignore any other request from other buyers regarding this sale as I am highly interested. I don't mind adding an extra $50 for a quick sale for you to be sure I am interested in the immediate purchase. My work does not permit me to come for the inspection (very busy and currently out of town). I would have loved to call but our base right now is bad so we can get along via e-mail.
I will be paying you via the fastest and secure way to pay online i.e PayPal, please get back to me with your PayPal email so I can proceed with the payment immediately and if you don't have one it's very easy to set up visit (www.paypal.com.au) and get it set up after you have set it up I will only need the e-mail address you use for registration with PayPal so as to put the money through. Alternatively, I can also pay you via PayPal wire transfer method into your bank account, all I will need is your Account name, Bsb and Account number. Does it have any history I should be aware of and why are you selling if you don't mind me asking?. I have a pick-up agent that will come and pick up after I have made the payment so no shipping included. Please also include your contact address for pick up in your reply.

It didn't feel right so Googled name and this topic came up

Yup out of town so cant come and see item

Yup can send her 'Agent' to collects and Yup offered $50 more for me to not sell to anyone else

I sent back message to say that I had discovered Scamming history with Sarah Maynes and I was not going to sell to her

Havent heard back since

Funny about that

Login to Me Too

Babydee94
Contributor
Contributor
Can I get Neosurf with PayPal please
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.