Request Paypal to refund the "unclaimed" payment

behcs
Contributor
Contributor

I have recently made a purchase on eBay & pay with Paypal. Unfortunately, I receive an email from eBay saying they suspect the seller's account has been compromised and eBay removed the listing. eBay indicated they canceller the transaction. But, I had been charged by Paypal!

When I check the Paypal status, my credit card has been charged. When I check my bank, they also confirm the credit card has been charged.

However, the status on Paypal also indicated the seller didn't claim the payment, ie. the status is "Unclaimed". It is also under the status of "Pending".

May I know how to instruct Paypal to cancel this payment & refund to my credit card immediately?

I have exhausted all the usual means through paypal website or eBay site to try to "cancel" or "refund", etc.

As eBay removed the listing, eBay system even indicated "no item". If indeed the seller account has been compromised as claimed by eBay,

what else we can do? There's also no way to contact the seller, as the eBay keep indicating "no item selected".

This is very unprecedented scenario for me. I could find any way to refund / cancel / contact seller as eBay removed the listing and claimed they removed the transaction!

Pls help. Thank you very much!

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@behcs

Unclaimed WITH a cancel option means the sellers email address on his auction is non-existant ie a spelling mistake.

Unclaimed WITHOUT a cancel option means that the email address on the auction was a valid one but NOT linked to a Paypal account or verified. If that is the case then it would 'time out' 30 days post payment.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@behcs

Unclaimed WITH a cancel option means the sellers email address on his auction is non-existant ie a spelling mistake.

Unclaimed WITHOUT a cancel option means that the email address on the auction was a valid one but NOT linked to a Paypal account or verified. If that is the case then it would 'time out' 30 days post payment.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

behcs
Contributor
Contributor

thanks for the clarification.

So, for my case, I guess the only "solution" is to wait for 30 days? Just wonder is there anyway to expedite the "time out"? Effectively, the amount is now "locked" on my credit card. I mean, I have to pay the amount & wait for it to be refund.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@behcs

The money would be pending in your funding source ie bank account / card, so if you contact them and state the funds will not be required they should be able to release them back to your available balance again.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.