Rejecting A Payment

cMc214
Contributor
Contributor
My wife has a PayPal account she never uses and recently attempted to close it down only to find there was a $10 payment made to her account over a year ago from some class action lawsuit she wanted no part of. PayPal won't let her close the account with the unclaimed $10.00 pending but she refuses to accept the money. How do we get that pending payment canceled or sent back. We don't want to accept it so the refund option is not for us. Both PayPal customer service and the sender have been unhelpful. Any insight would be appreciated.
Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@cMc214 

Click the transaction for more information. See if there is a Accept/Deny button(s). Push comes to shove, accept the money and then donate it a charity.

Or call customer service again until you can get someone who can help.

This is user to user help and no one can see in to your account to know what's going on. 

To contact customer service for assistance:

Log on, click HELP on top menu, scroll down to click CONTACT US, and then scroll down to click CALL US or other contact options.

Call early, during business hours, west coast time to try to get a US rep. 

Or contact via social media:

Facebook (US): https://www.facebook.com/paypal

Twitter (US): @AskPayPal 

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

cMc214
Contributor
Contributor
Thanks but we do not want to accept the money and there is no reject option.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.