Refunds

FayeDebono77
Contributor
Contributor
Does anyone know or have experience of issuing a refund through eBay, I left the funds in my PayPal account yet this morning the full amount was taken out of my bank account while the original payment the buyer made into my PayPal account less PayPal fees is untouched? I’m a bit concerned Because paypal are showing the transaction as refund pending yet the full amount has been withdrawn from my bank account by PayPal. Surely if the transaction is completed shouldn’t be showing as pending? Also when will I get a refund on PayPal fees? I don’t think it was very fair that I have to stand the cost of the full refund yet I’m out of pocket by £14
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@FayeDebono77 

You would not have had enough in your paypal balance to issue the buyer a full refund because the fee amount had been deducted so paypal took the full refund from your bank account.

Paypal no longer returns the fee you were charged when your buyer paid as part of any refund that you issue, so you would have had to add the fee amount to your paypal balance from your bank account first before issueing a refund from that balance.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@FayeDebono77 

You would not have had enough in your paypal balance to issue the buyer a full refund because the fee amount had been deducted so paypal took the full refund from your bank account.

Paypal no longer returns the fee you were charged when your buyer paid as part of any refund that you issue, so you would have had to add the fee amount to your paypal balance from your bank account first before issueing a refund from that balance.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.