Refunds

1Coat
Contributor
Contributor

Bought item off ebay 13/3/2019 money came out of my bank straight away item was wrong got in touch with seller refunded me no problem 18/3/2019 money now showing pending in PayPal account it wasn't paid out ove my PayPal account it was out ove my bank that's a week gone bye and still no money gone into my bank does PayPal do this with all refunds not only would it be a massive money spinner for them multiplied across the world but it left me in an embarrassing position where I can't pay for something I bid on and won on ebay tried phoning PayPal just got a taperecording got me knowere all I want is MY MONEY back

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@1Coat 

You funded the payment to the seller using bank transfer. What PayPal do here is credit the recipient on your behalf (so there is no delay in despatching your item). Then if you receive a refund in the meantime they are unable to issue this until the original bank transfer completes.

It may have left your bank account but that does not mean paypal have got it yet as they use the slowest (cheapest) transfer option which takes 5-7 days in the UK via ACH in batches....that is why they credit the seller in advance for you.

However they don't credit a refund in advance.

https://www.paypal.com/gb/selfhelp/article/i-paid-by-instant-bank-transfer,-so-why-is-my-refund-on-h...

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.