Refunds

Eimear12345
New Community Member
I sent £90 to someone to purchase some AirPods pro. He said it won’t work cause of the fees so he then said he refunded me, it hasn’t appeared on my PayPal and now he isn’t answering my messages. If someone could help that would be great
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Eimear12345 

1) Do not resend payment as friends and family as there is no buyer protection. Plus you're helping seller avoid PayPal fees which in the long run raise fees for everyone. If they want £90, then they should include the expense of PP fee in the item price to receive £90 once PayPal fee is deducted. If PayPal puts a hold on their funds, there are things can do to release funds sooner or wait 21 days for PayPal to release it. Sellers got to roll with the punches and read the help documentation on how PayPal accounts work.

2) Do you see a completed refund transaction in your PayPal account? If not, you have not been refunded. Once seller issues a refund through PayPal, the refund goes back to your original funding source. Arrival times may vary:

- Bank payments, 3-5 or 5-7 days, depending on your bank. 

- Cards, about a week, up to 30 days depending on your issuing card. 

- PayPal balance, fairly instant. 

- Split payments between PayPal balance and card/bank, see above.

3) If seller has not issued a refund, expect them to ship it within 7 days and provide notification of shipment info/tracking info, otherwise:

1. Locate and click payment transaction in your PayPal account activity
  2. Click "Report a problem" 
  3. Click “I didn't receive an item I purchased”.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Eimear12345 

1) Do not resend payment as friends and family as there is no buyer protection. Plus you're helping seller avoid PayPal fees which in the long run raise fees for everyone. If they want £90, then they should include the expense of PP fee in the item price to receive £90 once PayPal fee is deducted. If PayPal puts a hold on their funds, there are things can do to release funds sooner or wait 21 days for PayPal to release it. Sellers got to roll with the punches and read the help documentation on how PayPal accounts work.

2) Do you see a completed refund transaction in your PayPal account? If not, you have not been refunded. Once seller issues a refund through PayPal, the refund goes back to your original funding source. Arrival times may vary:

- Bank payments, 3-5 or 5-7 days, depending on your bank. 

- Cards, about a week, up to 30 days depending on your issuing card. 

- PayPal balance, fairly instant. 

- Split payments between PayPal balance and card/bank, see above.

3) If seller has not issued a refund, expect them to ship it within 7 days and provide notification of shipment info/tracking info, otherwise:

1. Locate and click payment transaction in your PayPal account activity
  2. Click "Report a problem" 
  3. Click “I didn't receive an item I purchased”.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.