Refunds

BearBoyd1
New Community Member

I was recently issued a refund for two purchases. One says it’s being sent to my bank. I’ve messaged PayPal twice and both have said “reply if this does help you”. The problem is there is no reply button. It said in the email that the refund will go back to the card you used in the purchase however it’s being sent to my checking account instead. I’m wanting to know why and since they took my money right away for a purchase why it’s going to take so long to get my money returned. Again I have no way to reply either.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@BearBoyd1

Refunds go back to how they were funded. Cards take up to 30 days. Bank payments take 3-5 business days. Its faster when buying because the seller needs to get paid quickly so they can ship your items out quicker. PayPal facilitates this by Instant Transfer, they front the money ahead to the seller while PayPal waits to get paid from your bank so technically it takes about the same time for eCheck and instant transfer for the funds to complete but PayPal fronts the cash first for on instant transfers.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.