Refunds

Lmc214
Contributor
Contributor

I received a refund I can see the money going in but my balance is 0.00 why is this

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Lmc214

If you funded the original Paypal payment to the seller with a card then it won't go back to your paypal balance.

Once marked as completed it will automatically go back to your card. Paypal say allow 30 days but I have never waited longer than a week for mine, however that depends a lot on what country you are in.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
17 REPLIES 17
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Lmc214

If you funded the original Paypal payment to the seller with a card then it won't go back to your paypal balance.

Once marked as completed it will automatically go back to your card. Paypal say allow 30 days but I have never waited longer than a week for mine, however that depends a lot on what country you are in.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Lmc214
Contributor
Contributor
Thank you I did pay it through a card via PayPal I am in the uk
Login to Me Too

Ukalejohn
New Community Member
I received a refund and I can see it in my PayPal account but I want it in my credit card account because that's where it was debited from
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Lmc214

So am I, my last one took 3 days BUT we have Christmas coming so may be a tad longer.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

gran-68
Contributor
Contributor

mine went back into my bank account the same day I got the notification. Really quick service

Login to Me Too

salha

i pay to the seller with my credit card through  paypal  and i has wrong address so i cancel the payment then they told  my refund back but i did not find it in my credit card ?? 

what i should do ?? plz 

iam new here plz help me 

thnx a lot 

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@salha 

Gosh you were lucky, if that mis-spelled email address was valid to another person you 'may' have lost your money !!

Luckily you could cancel, so when you cancel a payment those funds can't do a u-turn > they have to process through to paypal who will then either return them to your funding source (if you paid with a debit or credit card), but that takes a few days and sometimes up to a week.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

AdibLuqman15
Paypal showed the money already refunded..but why the money didnt not reflect it to his card?we’ve waited more than 30 days but still no reflect on the card that the money had refunded...please help
Login to Me Too

vaso_baku
Contributor
Contributor

waiting more than 60 days, still not received back to card

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.