Refunds to expired prepaid debit cards go into black hole

bayst8a
Contributor
Contributor
Refunds to expired prepaid debit cards go into a black hole. PayPal actually disconnected me from a chat conversation I was having while trying to get help. They didn’t even ask me if I was finished. They did not help me at all, they refused to get me the information I needed regarding the card number, telephone number for the card, and I am losing $100 refund that I am due because PayPal is incompetent and has an outdated process. They need to write an algorithm to fix the issue so that refunds do not go to expired prepaid debit cards, and meanwhile they need to give me the $100 refund that I am due. They are refusing to transfer the refund to my active card. So I have $100 refund sitting on an expired prepaid debit card that I can’t access. Who keeps expired prepaid debit cards? They say I should. That is ridiculous. Warn your friends. I will close my PayPal account due to this situation.
Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@bayst8a 

You should keep expired cards just for this reason when you have a refund coming and you need the card number and customer service number so the card issuer to help you, set up a new card. PayPal can't help you with this, they can't just give out card info, that's a breach of privacy and security. Refunds always go to the original funding source. Otherwise, I can just call up PayPal and say "hey, route my refund to this card or that card" and they don't know you or me from Joe Beans to do so over the internet or the phone. Be realistic. 

Who keeps expired cards? Smart people do because you never know. Or at least have the card info written down somewhere. Disposable cards tell you to do this in their user guide/instructions.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

bayst8a
Contributor
Contributor
There was no guide attached to the card. I had no idea that I would need a refund or year later than the purchase. There should be an algorithm precluding a refund to an expired card. No one I have ever met keeps expired prepaid debit cards.
Login to Me Too

bayst8a
Contributor
Contributor
All they had to do was to notify me that there was a refund that could not go to an expired prepaid debit card, and ask me where I needed the refund to go, to a PayPal credit or to my active card on file. I plan to file an unfair and deceptive practices charge against PayPal.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.