Refunds issued by Paypal

liblou1
Contributor
Contributor

When Paypal issues a refund because of merchandise not received, do they take the refund amount from the seller personally? How does that work? If someone takes my money and has spent it by now, exactly where does the refund come from? I want the seller to be pinched in the wallet, so he won't ever think he could possibly do this again without monetary repercussions, John

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@liblou1 

If you win a dispute and the seller has refused to refund AND he has no available funds in his paypal balance that paypal can access then paypal will refund you under their buyer protection scheme.

HOWEVER they would put the sellers paypal account into negative and limit it until he pays them back again. If he does not pay it back then the 'debt' is sold to a debt recovery agency for them to try and collect.  Smiley Happy

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@liblou1 

If you win a dispute and the seller has refused to refund AND he has no available funds in his paypal balance that paypal can access then paypal will refund you under their buyer protection scheme.

HOWEVER they would put the sellers paypal account into negative and limit it until he pays them back again. If he does not pay it back then the 'debt' is sold to a debt recovery agency for them to try and collect.  Smiley Happy

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Danute
New Community Member
Hi! I ask for your help! I didn't received my order from This ID transaction 3TD406498R079205G Frim last year 4 June. Can you please help me to get back my money? 😔
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.