Refunding transactions from "old" account

ctrl9
Contributor
Contributor

Here's what happened:

• I was having an issue with my "old" account - name appears NA to merchant.
  • Emailed Paypal regarding the issue and was told to use another account or re-use the account (close current, then create another using same email)
  • Asked Paypal what will happen to the transaction if I re-use the account, said it will not be affected
  • Asked Paypal also what will happen if we opted for cancellation/refund. Was told it will be refunded to the account it was deducted.
  • Now, merchant told me that they can't refund the amount because the Refund Button is no longer working.
  • Emailed Paypal again about the issue and I was told to "use the account where the transaction was made" and "dispute the transaction" when the transaction is no longer reflecting in my account (I asked them before to link the transaction in my account (same email), but was told it is not possible)
  • Card used is also linked into the "new" account

How do I proceed? I should have not followed their "workaround"

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@ctrl9 

I don't think the customer service realize that when you close your previous PayPal account since your account holder name has display problem then the old transactions can't be easily accessed. Hello?

Ask the merchant to PayPal you your refund into your PayPal email address to account that is active now via Send & Request page and indicate what the payment is for (order number, etc).

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.