Refunding pending payment (as a seller)

lummers13
New Community Member

Hey everyone, so I've sold an item through paypal G&S. I have already transferred the funds from my paypal account into my bank from last night 8pm cst. Since it is Saturday now, the money still has not reached my bank account but now the buyer wants to refund it. How should I go about refunding his money. I'm thinking I need to wait until it hits my bank account before refunding the transaction incase he is able to cancel/hold the payment, and then he ends up getting double the money back he paid? I'm not sure if that makes sense to anyone. I just don't want to refund his money that is still in limbo, then I get charged again from my bank account because there are no funds in my paypal account.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Gwen

Hi @lummers13,

Thanks for reaching out! If you've already began the process of withdrawing the money to your bank account and you don't have enough money in the PayPal balance to cover the refund, any refunded balance will be pulled from the bank. I would recommend allowing the money to clear into the bank before initiating a refund. Since technically it is possible for banks to reject deposits, I would hate for you to be in a position in which you initiate the refund, the bank rejects the deposit, and now you don't have that money to cover the refund you've issued. 

Thanks,

Gwen

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.