Refunding payment to buyer

Mags55
New Community Member

I recieved payment from Ebay which was listed with wrong email address. I have switched phone supplier and wont have access to that address. I cannot see the money buyer originally sent and she has now sent the money to my new email address through PayPal hiw do I refund the original payment which was never in my balance and which I never saw.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Mags55 

If you didn't receive it then you can't refund it.

Go to ebay and click on 'sell' put in anything (as you aren't going to actually list anything) until you get to the main page > scroll down near the bottom and where it says payment methods check the email address that is on that page, is there a spelling mistake or old one?

If its the old email address then................

You need to contact your buyer(s) and ask them to see what it says in their paypal accounts either:
1. Pending / Unclaimed with a cancel option.
2. Pending / Unclaimed.
3 Completed.

If its:

Pending / Unclaimed with a cancel option.

Ask them to cancel the payment but tell them that it will take a few days to go back to their funding source.

Pending / Unclaimed.

If there is no cancel option then the buyer will get their money back automatically 30 days after paying.

Completed.

If its completed then come back for more advice.
https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/article/FAQ1467

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.