Refunding a payment. It’s on hold and pending. Help me !

Skorone1
Contributor
Contributor
how long a refund will take to get back to a buyer?It’s on hold and pending!
Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Skorone1 

Pending refunds can only happen for two reasons.

1. You the seller has issued a refund from your bank account which takes time to process.

2. The buyer funded their payment to you using bank transfer. What PayPal do here is credit you the seller on the buyers behalf (so there is no delay in despatching the item). Then if you issue a refund in the meantime Paypal are unable to issue this until the original bank transfer completes.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Skorone1
Contributor
Contributor
Yes #2 is exactly what is going down if I am understanding correctly. He has paid me through his bank account or his navy fed bank card which is linked to his bank account. I just want to get him back the money ASAP because I can’t come through on my part. He understands and says cool just refund me if it comes to me quick. So from what I am saying it sounds like #2. But since I haven’t used my account in a while it held the payment and underneath says pending. I just don’t want it to come out of my linked account because my balance is 0!
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Randy

@Skorone1,

It sounds like the buyer had sent you the payment via Instant Transfer.  Though the money was sent to you immediately, PayPal doesn't receive the money from the bank immediately. The transfer between the bank and PayPal can take 3-5 business days. Once the money has cleared from the buyer's bank and into PayPal, the refund will be credited to your buyer's bank account.  Please rest assured that your buyer's refund is on its way and they should receive it soon.

- Randy

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.