Refunding Ebay Buyer through Paypal

db0330
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

I am attempting to refund a buyer on ebay. I received the funds a few weeks ago and already withdrew them to my bank account. My Paypal currently has a negative balance (Due to the return), HOWEVER it will NOT let me add or transfer funds from my bank account/debit card. I've tried becoming a "Cash Plus" account, no luck. Ebay will not let me issue the refund, it just says "Your refund did not go through". When I attempt to add funds to Paypal, it just gives me a "Reasons you may have negative funds" pop up, and will not transfer.
     I have the funds, I simply cannot add them to Paypal to refund the buyer. It's kinda ridiculous how complicated this has become, and honestly making it extremely unappealing to use Ebay/Paypal for selling in the future. Does Paypal expect me to keep cash in my Paypal account just in case someone returns something?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

mino65434
New Community Member

I have this same issue, though I was able to switch to a PayPal Cash account and add funds. But now that I have them, it still won't go through. Insanely frustrating. Have you been able to resolve it?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.