Refunded a buyer, what does pending mean?

xodidar
Contributor
Contributor

recently I refunded somebody, and it says that it's currently pending until January 18th. I'm just wondering if I need to have that amount of money (the amount I'm refunding) available in my PayPal by that date. this is probably a very dumb question, but i'm getting confused as to what I can spend and can't because I think the money is still in my account from the sale

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@xodidar

If you currently have zero in your available PayPal balance to cover the refund, PayPal will get it from your bank account hence an estimated arrival date is posted.

You can always select a different payment method (bank or credit or debit card) to pay with during checkout (Review your payment window) so you're not necessarily tied down to just your PayPal balance.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@xodidar

If you currently have zero in your available PayPal balance to cover the refund, PayPal will get it from your bank account hence an estimated arrival date is posted.

You can always select a different payment method (bank or credit or debit card) to pay with during checkout (Review your payment window) so you're not necessarily tied down to just your PayPal balance.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.