Refunded Payment

DonnaW2
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, a week ago today i sent a payment to my friend, i sent it unfortunately to the wrong email address (spelt it wrong) so i cancelled the payment and it said on paypal it was refunded so i sent the money to the right email address. Everything was fine until i looked at my bank statement on Thursday and realised they had taken 2 direct debit paypal payments for £65 even though one of the payments was cancelled and refunded.  Can anyone tell me if this has happened to them.  The bank are being very unhelpful and keep wanting to put me through to paypal fraud but its not fraud it is me that sent it wrong and paypal refunded it. 

Many thanks

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@DonnaW2 

Gosh you were lucky, if that mis-spelled email address was valid to another person you 'may' have lost your money !!

Luckily you could cancel, so when you cancel a payment those funds can't do a u-turn > they have to process through to paypal who will as the transaction was cancelled return them to your funding source (if you paid from your bank account or with a card), or credit your paypal balance (if it was funded from that balance), but that takes a few days and sometimes up to a week.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.