Refund

xinteng23
Contributor
Contributor

Hello there, I have made a payment via goods and services, but the seller got the money on hold but he will need to send the proofs of the goods so the money only will get released immediately after I submit the proofs. However, he refuses to send me the proofs and etc. So, I requested a refund from the seller, and he did a refund to me. But he only refunded USD300 to me, but the payment that I made is USD320. It's stated partial refund. May I know how do I get a full refund from the seller? Also, he wanted me to refund him back the $300, then he will straight refund me the $320. May I know is it possible to do that? 

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

PayPal_Tricia

Hi @xinteng23

Sorry to hear of the trouble with this transaction. 

A refund cannot be returned to the merchant. The merchant does have the option to issue a refund for the remaining amount from their PayPal account. If you and the merchant cannot come to an amicable resolution, we recommend filing a dispute against the transaction to request the remaining refund. 

I hope this information helps!

Thanks, 
PayPal_Tricia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

PayPal_Tricia

Hi @xinteng23

Sorry to hear of the trouble with this transaction. 

A refund cannot be returned to the merchant. The merchant does have the option to issue a refund for the remaining amount from their PayPal account. If you and the merchant cannot come to an amicable resolution, we recommend filing a dispute against the transaction to request the remaining refund. 

I hope this information helps!

Thanks, 
PayPal_Tricia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.