Refund

Slurpyslurp
New Community Member

Hi, I have recently had a case closed where I am being issued a full refund. I cancelled my bank card that I originally paid with, to reduce the risk of future fraud with the card. I thus have a new bank card. Will the refund be automatically put into the new bank card/updated payment details or into the paypal account? I'm just worried that my refund will not reach my account because that card that I originally paid with is no longer active.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Slurpyslurp 

If the card ACCOUNT that both cards belong or belonged to is still open then it should go through fine.
However if its a completely new card / account then it may decline so ask your old card issuer if they can help you recover your refund.
Failing that it may bounce back to your balance, allow 14 working days and if no show contact customer services for a trace.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Slurpyslurp 

If the card ACCOUNT that both cards belong or belonged to is still open then it should go through fine.
However if its a completely new card / account then it may decline so ask your old card issuer if they can help you recover your refund.
Failing that it may bounce back to your balance, allow 14 working days and if no show contact customer services for a trace.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.