Refund

Ahmad46
Contributor
Contributor

I sent a payment to the wrong person through family and friends I meant to send it to my brother but instead I sent it to this guy who i've bought stuff from. When I asked for a refund It said that I couldnt get a refund through family friends but I sent it to the wrong person someone please help me so I can get a refund.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

millieagz
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee
Hi @Ahmad46, Welcome to the community and thanks for posting. A friends / family (or gift payment) is intended as a transfer of funds from family or friends to one another. For this reason, there is no processing fee when payment is made with bank or PayPal balance. However as it is a “gift” payment, there is also no Buyer protection as no goods or services should have been exchanged. If he was not a close mate or family member you should never use that option as it enables the seller to evade paying his paypal fees and negates your buyer protection at the same time. You also 'risk' having your account limited for using this option when you are purchasing goods as its against Paypal user agreement. You can just also get in touch with guy you bought stuff with to request to refund the money back to you. I hope this helps. If this post was helpful, please enrich the community by giving Kudos or accepting it as a Solution. Stay safe.
Login to Me Too

Ragnar_Lothbrok
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Good day @Ahmad46 

This must be indeed a frustrating situation but I really have to be transparent to you. This is something that PayPal doesn't cover. The best way to get a refund for a transaction that was sent for 'friends and family' is to contact the recepient and request for a refund. If that didn't work, your last option is to contact your card issuer (if this transaction was funded by your card) as they offer extra protection as well. I hope this helps you.

***If you see a post that is helpful, kindly give the author Kudos or accept it as a solution. Thank you and keep safe! ☺

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.