Refund

ch92
New Community Member

Hi all, I had a transaction go through on my PayPal account at 1:40am. It was for a meal delivery subscription that hadn't been cancelled (hubby and I both thought the other had done it). I spoke with the company and they cancelled the order and refunded the transaction at 8:22am. My question is: does PayPal still take the original transaction from the nominated account and then refund it later?

My problem is that it is linked to my Salary Sacrifice account, which does not have enough money in it to cover the transaction so I would then incur arrear fees. The second problem is that the account does not take refunds.

I'm hoping that, as the transaction has now been refunded and is showing up in my PayPal summary as refunded, that PayPal won't try to take the original transaction from the account and then refund it later. Does anyone know? 

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

millieagz
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi ch

Thank you for reaching out to the PayPal Community Forum!

Glad that you made the payment using PayPal as we offer protection for situations like this.

Please visit this link as I'm sure this will help you.

https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/article/where-is-my-refund-faq1212

I hope this helps. Stay safe.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.