Refund

Johnboy13
Contributor
Contributor

I hate using PayPal because it holds onto your money so it can make interest from it so I used my bank card . The seller sent me a refund and PayPal are holding it in pending till the 27th I didn’t use them so why the hell do they have the right to hold my money 

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Johnboy13 

You must have paid as a guest buyer via your card and the sellers paypal card reader.

Pending refunds can only happen for two reasons.

1. The seller has issued a refund from their bank account which takes time to process.

2. You funded the payment to the seller using bank transfer. What PayPal do here is credit the recipient on your behalf (so there is no delay in despatching your item). Then if you receive a refund in the meantime they are unable to issue this until the original bank transfer completes.

https://www.paypal.com/us/selfhelp/article/i-want-a-refund.-how-do-refunds-work-faq3248

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Johnboy13
Contributor
Contributor

No I didn’t pay as a guest I was logged in to my eBay account and if the seller refunded me from his bank account why is PayPal sticking its money grabber hands in am not kicking off at you mate I just hate PayPal they are so money grabbers they hold on to your money when no need to and they use same excuses every time it’s pending for security reasons 

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Johnboy13 

If you paid via Ebay checkout with a card then you would not know which card reader a seller used, most sellers use paypal card readers to process ebay payments so you would have paid as a guest buyer via paypal.

To explain the 'hold' when you pay using paypal its never instant as paypal use the slowest (cheapest) payment option.

Thats why when you purchase items via paypal they credit the seller upfront for you and paypal take the wait for the funds to transfer, thats why we get confused buyers on here saying their item has been despatched but the funds have not left their bank account yet !!! 

However a refund is processed from a sellers bank account or balance, so if its bank account paypal do not credit refunds up front, this time its you and the seller that takes the wait for the funds to SLOWLY transfer to paypal, when paypal have received the funds they pass them on to you.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.